Oh, ye.. Chocolate lovers!! Don’t you just love to bite into a spongy, yummy Chocolate Brownie? You can now cook it on your own and take a delightful bite into the Choco yumminess with our easy-to-cook Chocolate Brownie!
A chocolate brownie or simply a brownie is a square or rectangular chocolate baked confection. Brownies come in a variety of forms and may be either fudgy or cakey, depending on their density. They may include nuts, frosting, cream cheese, chocolate chips, or other ingredients. Source: Wikipedia
You can bake this delicious Chocolate Brownie very easily in a Microwave oven. Fortunately, I just gifted myself an LG Convection Microwave Oven for this festival season and I really wanted to try baking this Brownie for the kids.
We have included the recipe for the Microwave Oven especially using the in-built menus for baking available on the LG Microwave. But, the process is similar and almost identical for any other Oven you have.
In case, you do want to gift yourself one of the LG Microwave oven, here’s the link to it. Buy it here on Amazon!
- Microwave Oven
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 Nos Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Melted Butter
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder
- ¾ cup All-purpose Flour (Maida)
- ½ cup Almonds (optional)
- Take 1 cup of Sugar into a mixing Bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Vanilla essence
- Add ½ teaspoon of Salt. Mix well.
- Whisk 3 Nos of Eggs separately and add to the bowl and Whisk well so that the sugar is dissolved.
- Add ½ cup of melted Butter and whisk well. It should form a frothy liquid. Keep this aside.
- Note: Mix the Cocoa powder and the All-purpose Flour separately before adding it to the Sugar/Butter mix.
- Take ¾ cup of All-purpose Flour and mix well.
- Add ½ cup of Cocoa powder and mix well.
Making the Batter
- Take a sieve and sift the Cocoa/Flour mix into the Sugar/Butter mix slowly.
- Add it slowly while whisking it. The sieve will ensure that any lumps are sieved and discarded.
- Whisk it well to form a thick batter.
- Take chopped Almonds and add it to the batter to give the Brownies a crunchy, chewy feel.
- Take a square Cake pan and grease it lightly with butter and a brush.
- Pour the Batter into the pan and tap it gently a couple of times.
- Optional: You can also sprinkle some chopped chocolate chips on top.
Baking in the Microwave
- Note: We used the LG Convection Microwave oven with the inbuilt menu option to bake this.
Using the LG Convection Microwave Oven with the inbuilt Menu.
- Select the 'Kid's menu' and choose the bA1 menu.
- The microwave Pre-heat process will start and once it beeps, place the Cake pan on the small rack. Close the door and press the 'Start' button.
- Wait for the baking to finish.
Using a normal Convection Microwave Oven
- Set the Microwave power to high (1000 Watts).
- Place the Cake Pan uncovered into the microwave and let it bake for 3-4 minutes.
- Take a chopstick to check if the the Brownie is cooked. When you poke the Brownie and pull the chopstick out, the batter shouldn't be stuck to it.
- If it requires further baking (depending on the microwave you are using), bake it for another 3 minutes.
- Chopped Almonds are optional.
- You can sprinkle chopped chocolate chips on top.
- Additional Frosting can be done after baking. Check out our Frosting recipe.
- 1½ teaspoon of Baking Powder
- ½ cup of Yogurt (Curd)