Everyone loves a Pizza now and then. But, when you are stuck at home with no food deliveries available, it becomes more important that we are able to prepare our own Home made Pizza and this is a first step to prepare a Pizza base at home and if you are not able to find Yeast for it, no worries. We will show you how to prepare the Pizza base without Yeast.
Homemade Pizza Base (without Yeast)
- Mixing Bowl
- 3 cups Maida (All purpose Flour)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil (Use any other vegetable oil if Olive oil is not available)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice (Use vinegar if Lemon juice is not available)
- Take the All-purpose Flour or Maida into a mixing Bowl.
- Add Baking Powder + Baking Soda + Sugar + Salt to it and mix all very thoroughly.
- Add the Olive Oil and the Lemon juice and mix well.
- Add water slowly and keep mixing the dough and kneading it thoroughly. Keep adding water slowly in parts and knead the dough continuously.
- You may have to knead for at least 12-15 minutes until the dough is smooth and soft. Knead until the dough stretches without breaking when stretched. If required, add a little more water or dough as required to get the required consistency.
- Make sure that the dough is not sticky and knead it into a smooth, round ball of dough.
- Take some Olive oil and rub it all over the ball of dough and leave it covered in the bowl for 2.5 hours to let the dough leaven out. Leave the dough outside in room temperature.
- After 2.5 hours, take the dough out and knead it lightly before rolling them into a flat, round shape. The Pizza base should be about 0.1 inch thick. Take a fork and punch a couple of holes on the Pizza base to prevent it from fluffing out while cooking.
- Once the Pizza base is ready, you can start making your Pizza as instructed in our Chickent Tikka Pizza recipe.
- You can use this Dough to make Pizzas by covering the dough in an Aluminium foil and storing it in the Fridge. It will be good for about 20 days.
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda are essential for the dough to leaven.
- You can press at the edges of the Pizza base to create a raised crust.
- You can place grated cheese across the edge of the Pizza base and roll the ends over to cover it to create a Cheese Burst Pizza.